Friday, September 14, 2012

Being cool

So I'm feeling really cool right now guys. I just got a Facebook for the first time. It's funny cause back in sixth grade, when it was "the thing", I considered Facebook way too mainstream for my high intellectual intelligence. And I still believe that. It will probably lower my intelligence, and my standards, and my stuck-up ways. Facebook isn't really "the thing" anymore, though. Apparently now it's Twitter. I have got to keep up with the times.

So that brings me back to being cool and our crazy ways of thinking in the society called my school. Despite my aversion to all things cool, I just made a Facebook. What's up with that? Yeah, I don't really know. Maybe I just want to be cool. Which sounds crazy as soon as I say it because I'm so not cool and I don't ever want to be. I'm in marching band for goodness sake! I just wore the full uniform tonight at the football game- overall pants, sweaty jacket, plumed hat and everthing! I am the epitome of non-cool.

Which brings me to coolness. When I'm talking to my mom and I mention someone, whether I'm complaining about how annoying they are or something funny they did, my mom asks me if I'm friends with this person. When I say no, she asks how I know them. And I say "cause they're.....cool" Like, obviously, Mom. They're cool. What? Exactly. It's stupid. But they are. And I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment